Tuesday, August 31, 2010

bit more history and feedback

B.

Favorite Games

Ok soo game list!!!

Puzzles -lots of them
Cards - mostly with my grandma
Operation - I killed bahaha
Legos

Honestly other than that i have a really hard time remembering what games i played. I often just liked being with my older brother who didn't play much. I would just tinker with things and watch t.v. and draw my favorite characters at home. I remember one time my brother made a box and put wired lights in it. Made me want to create and just use my imagination off what i had. Oh! and a few more things just came to mind

I had the Jurassic Park set and made the trex eat everyone.

I always had some sort of science or Chem set. I think my dad was pretty set on my being a doctor like him

My favorite was a robotics set that i actually built a lifesize (at the time) robot of me from directions. It had a remote control lol.







C.

By playing on my own i feel a lot like how i used to be as a kid. When i was in kindergarten, my parents thought I was deaf because i would always just sit and play by myself. Which i did. Jigsaw puzzles and drawing strange drawings of sharks biting off the legs of divers was what i enjoyed. When i got to play on my own again with clay i realized how i play. No matter what it's thoughtful and experimental. I'm more of a slow and meticulous worker which isn't a bad thing. It's just my brain works 10 times faster than my hands. This only works best when i play a game with myself on what i create, if not i usually hit a wall. i ended up just mixing the colors to see what came to me. I immediately pictured a globe and tried to perfect a an abstract form that would also have a marbled color that envelopes it delicately. the other was made after i shaped what looked like fan blades. i immediately began making a base and kept adding little details until i was satisfied. I like putting a lot of work into little details until it seems as tho not much effort was needed but most of the effort was upstairs. Which isn't always a good thing in a world of concretes. Cause really i spent 3 hours on these two sculptures and another hour running around the antique store looking at old-school consumer items. a sort of play for my eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment